• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

autodiscover not working externally, but fine internally

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> autodiscover not working externally, but fine internally Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
autodiscover not working externally, but fine internally - 25.Mar.2015 5:34:55 AM   
slunge

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 7.Oct.2008
Status: offline
Hi All - about to (in a week) move our mail up to exchange online / 365 from our on premise Exchange 2007 based on AD2003 Schema (this will also be changing in the near future).

Tried using the micorosoft remote connectivity analyser, as i believe the 365 migration uses outlook anywhere to migrate mails across.

Outlook anywhere is setup and working on client machines without issue, and autodiscover works internally.

We currently operate a split DNS, and have a UCC cert setup on our exchange - containing both internal and external URL's, plus autodiscover URLS, additionaly autodiscover.domain.com also resolves to our external mail access IP (all roles are currently installed on one server).

The connectivity anaylser gives the following fault:

Attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential Autodiscover URLs.
Autodiscover settings weren't obtained when the Autodiscover POST request was sent.

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://autodiscover.domain.com:443/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml for user *****

accessing the url above (or the internal version) asks for a username and password, which when authenticated gives error 600 - which from what i have read is standard behaviour.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???
Post #: 1
RE: autodiscover not working externally, but fine inter... - 25.Mar.2015 5:48:47 AM   
slunge

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 7.Oct.2008
Status: offline
Some additional info - i tried connecting using an external connection, outlook anywhere connected (after confirming username and password with me).

i then opened the test mode (right click on the icon in the notification bar, and tried test autoconfiguration).

The log shows:

that it failes on https://domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml (this is fine, as our mail is not hosted at this address).

it then says

autodiscover to https://autodiscover.domain.com/autodisvoer/autodiscover.xml succeeded (0x00000000)

no idea whats going on : (

(in reply to slunge)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> autodiscover not working externally, but fine internally Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter