• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

can't open new mailbox in store...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> can't open new mailbox in store... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can't open new mailbox in store... - 5.Jan.2005 5:19:00 PM   
wlandymore

I used the 'rename' option in AD users and computer because I wanted the messages I sent through OWA to show up as this new name. However, when I changed the name in AD Outlook would prompt me for a user name and password, even though those were unchanged.
I deleted the mailbox and the user account and recreated them with a slightly different name and mailbox name, but when I tried to open Outlook or OWA for the first time it will still prompt me for a password.
How can I get it so that I can create a new mailbox and have access to it. Now that the mailbox is gone from the store I would like to be able to recreate a mailbox with the same e-mail address as before....
Post #: 1
RE: can't open new mailbox in store... - 5.Jan.2005 5:43:00 PM   
wlandymore

after doing a little testing it seems that I can't create any new mailboxes regardless of user name or password.
If I try to create any account through AD users and computer it won't let me logon to the mailbox.

(in reply to wlandymore)
Post #: 2
RE: can't open new mailbox in store... - 7.Jan.2005 6:17:00 PM   
MonsterMaxx

My Problem is very similar to what this user describes.

what could cause this?

sounds like I must have done whatever he did to break his.

[ January 07, 2005, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: MonsterMaxx ]

(in reply to wlandymore)
Post #: 3
RE: can't open new mailbox in store... - 26.Jan.2005 3:22:00 PM   
tgentry

I have the same problem. When I create a user and mailbox in AD, the mailbox never shows up in the mailbox store and the username is not in the global directory.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

(in reply to wlandymore)
Post #: 4
RE: can't open new mailbox in store... - 26.Jan.2005 4:18:00 PM   
tgentry

I found the solution, at least in my case.

The mailbox is not created until the account receives a message. I set the account up to receive SMTP messages and emailed via the internet address. Voila, I now have a mailbox.

Now the problem is that it is not showing up in the GAL. I ended up creating a new Recipient Update Service (Exchange System Manager/Recipients/Recipient Update Service) pointing to the correct PDC. Whoever set this up prior to my hiring had it configured wrong.

Now if I could just figure out how to remove the bogus RUS.

[ January 26, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: tgentry ]

(in reply to wlandymore)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> can't open new mailbox in store... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter