• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

compliance mail store

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> compliance mail store Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
compliance mail store - 3.Apr.2011 7:29:25 AM   
mework

I need to create a mail store which contains all inbound and outbound mail related to groups of employees on a separate mail store, so that 1) the compliance officer can browse through the mail and 2) the primary exchange server doesn't get loaded with a double sized mail store or having to service mailboxes that large when the compliance officer goes through them.

To do this, I would want to set up an additional Exchange server, since that is the only way I know of to handle message stores that size (using a PST would quickly break the size limit there), but I don't want failover or mail deleted there to cause changes to be reflected back to the main Exchange server.

What is the best way to accomplish this ? If Exchange 2007 makes this easier, I can go that route, but I can't go to 2010 right now.

All replies appreciated.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> compliance mail store Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter