• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

delivering mail to public folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> delivering mail to public folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
delivering mail to public folder - 10.Jan.2005 3:49:00 AM   
xroot

hallo,

is there a way to deliver email to a public mail enabled folder?
my goal is to deliver all incoming spam messages to a public folder for everybody to browse for mislabeled "good" messages.

in more details, i have a unix mail server, which receives all my mail.
then i also have this exchange 2003 server that uses pop3 connector to retrieve users' mail and distributes it to the corresponding exchange mailboxes.
i also have a spam mailbox stored on the unix server, which i would like to retrieve and store in a public folder on the exchange server.

any ideas how to do this?

thanks!

-xroot
------
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Post #: 1
RE: delivering mail to public folder - 10.Jan.2005 10:41:00 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Using Exchange System Manager browse to the folder you want and then right click & select Mail Enable.
Wait a few minutes and then go back into the properties and change the client permissions so that Anonymous has got at least Contributor rights. Assign the relevant rights to the rest of your user base (whatever you think fit)
By this time there will be an email address assigned. Note the address given and then put it into your permiter mail system.
The key thing is the anonymous right, which must be contributor. If you do this then anyone will be able to drop mails via smtp into the PF.

(in reply to xroot)
Post #: 2
RE: delivering mail to public folder - 10.Jan.2005 3:34:00 PM   
xroot

thanks for the reply!
i ended up creating a regular user with a mailbox, configured POP3 connector to retrieve mail from the unix server, and configured the mailbox to forward all mail to the public folder.

thanks again,

-xroot

(in reply to xroot)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> delivering mail to public folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter