• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

domain user can't connect

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> domain user can't connect Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
domain user can't connect - 27.Sep.2007 2:59:35 PM   
lrt

i have a sbs 2003 domain with a user that can't seem to connect to the incoming smtp server. i have no idea why. she has never had problems getting her email before. i'm not sure how exchange works, i'm hoping someone can explain it to me. all i know is that when my users use outlook they are connecting to the exchange server (in my domain) and they are also connecting to the pop incoming and smtp outgoing mail server (both in my ISP provider). Since I started working here, this is how everyone has been connecting to get their email. So when they click on the send/receive button, outlook tries to connect to the exchange server and pop and smtp server. is this how its suppose to work? shouldn't the domain users only have to connect to the exchange server? I believe my ISP has told them to connect with individual accounts. when i started working here, i had to give my username to my isp provider so i could get email access. but for users to connect to their email they only have to use their domain passwords. is my isp authenticating my domain passwords, or is it going through exchange server? obviously i'm confused, any help is very welcome. thanks.

lrt
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> domain user can't connect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter