• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST files to exchange mailboxes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST files to exchange mailboxes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST files to... - 15.Nov.2011 3:03:06 PM   
bignose

My goal is to take about 7 gigs worth of PST files and load them into an exchange account using exmerge.exe.

To do this the user running exmerge must have send as and receive as. Users in the adminstrator group are not able to have this permission, so the recommended method is to make a new security group with the adequate permissions. then make a new user and put them in this group and use that user to do the work with.

Fair enough. I created a user named "sudoroot" (Sorry, I"m a unix guy :) ) , and put it in the group. (and I hope i did that right.. )

This user isn't allowed yet to execute exmerge, and I'm not yet sure how to allow that in windows.

Thats where I'm stuck.
Post #: 1
RE: exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST file... - 5.Jan.2012 10:21:36 AM   
uemurad

Just a thought - if it's only this one mailbox, what about giving the user full mailbox rights, then use Outlook to import the PST files?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to bignose)
Post #: 2
RE: exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST file... - 5.Jan.2012 11:22:58 AM   
bignose

As in mount the PST's and just drag and drop their contents into the exchange folders?

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST file... - 5.Jan.2012 1:34:33 PM   
uemurad

That, or use File/Import and Export...

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to bignose)
Post #: 4
RE: exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST file... - 5.Jan.2012 1:49:28 PM   
bignose

Much appreciated.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> exmerge and permissions - I want to import PST files to exchange mailboxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter