• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

export-mailbox PST

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> export-mailbox PST Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
export-mailbox PST - 18.Feb.2008 3:48:08 PM   
afoint

We are looking to schedule export-mailbox for all users on a regular basis in order to have an easily available restore capability for users mail, on top of daily database backups from a 3rd party application using this command:

get-mailbox -server exchangemail -resultsize unlimited | export-mailbox -pstfolderpath Z:\ -baditemlimit 1000 -maxthreads 15 -confirm:$false

This is saved in a .ps1  file and then run appropriately from a scheduled task using the exchange powershell cmdlet.  If you log onto this server and manually run the scheduled task it runs fine, takes a long time, but it works.

If I log into the server with the service account that has exchange server admin rights to exchangemail and run it manually it also runs fine, but if I try to let the service run as a scheduled task when no one is logged in as this service account, it fails with "Error occurred in the step: Approving object. An unknown error has occurred., error code: -2147221219

I know this is the error you get when the account doesn't have the proper rights to exchange, but this doesn't make sense because it can run interactively?
Post #: 1
RE: export-mailbox PST - 27.Feb.2008 7:28:10 PM   
Onlyodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: afoint

"Error occurred in the step: Approving object. An unknown error has occurred., error code: -2147221219

I know this is the error you get when the account doesn't have the proper rights to exchange, but this doesn't make sense because it can run interactively?

I've been having this same error code, but for me it may relate slightly differently. For me, it was because the OU the source user object was in had permission inheritance blocked, which wasn't allowing relevant exchange groups to apply permissions to the AD user object.

If you take into account my issue was AD Permissions related, perhaps the same applies for you. 

cmd.exe allows only interactive users to execute it by default, so check if the same applies to the powershell interpreter.

Short of that, maybe try setting the ExecutionPolicy to allow all scripts to run - use Get-ExecutionPolicy and Set-ExecutionPolicy.

Hope this helps - good luck

(in reply to afoint)
Post #: 2
RE: export-mailbox PST - 15.Jun.2009 6:40:55 AM   
michaelgellman

Hi, just wondering if you ever found a solution to this issue? I'm seeing similar issues here.

By any chance is the server you're using running on VMWare?

Thanks! Michael

(in reply to Onlyodin)
Post #: 3
RE: export-mailbox PST - 1.Sep.2009 3:12:32 AM   
Onlyodin

quote:

Hi, just wondering if you ever found a solution to this issue? I'm seeing similar issues here.

By any chance is the server you're using running on VMWare?

If you're having this problem and it's not the AD OrgUnit permissions as per the above post, you may find the fixmapi command might help.

fixmapi will replace the mapi32.dll file as described in this kb article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228457

Once again, this fix worked for me, and no, we're not using VMware for any of the machines in question.

(in reply to michaelgellman)
Post #: 4
RE: export-mailbox PST - 3.Feb.2010 9:26:54 PM   
rohan.power

I'm currently seeing this issue as well, and was hoping to get an answer from some of you that may have got this up and running?

I'm running a Windows 2008 VM w/Exchange 2007, and a Windows XP VM w/Exchange SP2 Management tools, both on VMware ESX 4.

I have set up permissions for a user 'ImportExport' correctly (according to other posts), and have run 'FixMapi', but I'm still getting the same error?

(in reply to Onlyodin)
Post #: 5
RE: export-mailbox PST - 4.Feb.2010 11:42:21 PM   
rohan.power

just to let anyone know reading this post that is having troubles - i ended up fixing the issue i was seeing.

i was running both virtual machines in a test environment without any default gateways set up (although i had set a static ip address and dns servers).

as soon as i set a default gateway, everything came good.

(p.s. one other thing i did change was the operating system of the 32-bit box.  i was running an xp box, but when i couldn't get that to work, i changed to server 2003 enterprise)

(p.p.s. i was also running service pack 2 for exchnage 2007 on both server and client)

< Message edited by rohan.power -- 4.Feb.2010 11:44:20 PM >

(in reply to rohan.power)
Post #: 6
RE: export-mailbox PST - 17.Jun.2010 2:48:04 AM   
Seidlm

this should work
http://www.techguy.at/2010/06/16/export-pst-von-exchange-2010

(in reply to rohan.power)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Migration >> export-mailbox PST Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter