• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

forward email to users on the same domain but in different location

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> forward email to users on the same domain but in different location Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
forward email to users on the same domain but in differ... - 2.Mar.2006 6:31:37 PM   
mjf41

Hi

Newbie first post.

here's my query.

We have a client that has 2 x sbs2003 servers. One server is in Manchester and the other in London with no interconnectivity. Both servers are part of the same domain e.g. acompany.co.uk

Manchester server has, for example, user joebloggs1@acompany.co.uk and London server has user joebloggs2@acompany.co.uk.

Obviously if joebloggs1@acompany.co.uk in Manchester tried to send an email to joebloggs2@acompany.co.uk in London it would bounce as joebloggs2 would not be recognised. Is it possible to configure exchange so that users on the Manchester server can send email to the London server i.e. outside the domain?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Post #: 1
RE: forward email to users on the same domain but in di... - 3.Mar.2006 8:54:18 PM   
matt_b

My initial thought is no.  As you can't put 2 SBS servers in the same domain, therefore you can't establish any routing groups between the 2.

Could you set up some aliases that point to a different account, say yahoo, that then get forwarded to the correct POP3 account?  Are you using POP3 accounts, I guess you must with having 2 sites on the same domain name!  I've not tried it but may be worth giving some thought!?

(in reply to mjf41)
Post #: 2
RE: forward email to users on the same domain but in di... - 6.Mar.2006 9:51:13 AM   
mjf41

Hi Matt_b

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't think it was possible in the conventional exchange way so thanks for confimring my thoughts. I can see this causing us some problems!!

Your suggestion of forwarding email to an alternative account then forward to the relevant POP3 account might be the way to go.

Thanks again.

(in reply to matt_b)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> forward email to users on the same domain but in different location Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter