• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

iPhone / autodiscover problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> iPhone / autodiscover problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iPhone / autodiscover problem - 8.Feb.2011 6:10:06 PM   
rcarsey

Seems like this is a big problem for many people.. We've just migrated from 2007 to 2010. autodiscover DNS record points to the new 2010 CAS. As far as I can tell, the XML file returned by autodiscover is fine if I'm using Outlook.. it has all the URLs and information i'd expect.

Problem is when I use an iPad (v4.2.1). I enter my email addr, domain, username and password. It contacts the autodiscover server. However, the server sends back the following XML data: (i captured this using wireshark and the SSL decrypting plugin) (striped except for the important part):

<Action><Error>
<Status>1</Status>
<Message>
No external URL is available to access this mailbox with Exchange ActiveSync. Your Exchange server configuration needs to be adjusted to allow access.
</Message>
<DebugData>
UserMailbox
</DebugData>
</Error></Action>

Seems obvious, but Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory shows that i have URLs set for both external and interal (https://wlb-exca-01.monmouth.edu/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync).

On the iPad, I can type in the server's hostname (wlb-exca-01.monmouth.edu) and the iPad works fine.. so I think its an autodiscover problem.. not really a Mailbox or CAS problem.
Post #: 1
RE: iPhone / autodiscover problem - 22.Feb.2011 11:09:31 AM   
travis.sheldon

Have you tried to reset the Active Sync Virtual Directory and the Autodiscover Virtual Directory? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff629372.aspx

(in reply to rcarsey)
Post #: 2
RE: iPhone / autodiscover problem - 23.Feb.2011 3:29:16 PM   
rcarsey

Yeah.. I've deleted the ActiveSync Virtual Directory and the Autodiscover Virtual Directory .. and re-created them.

I've actually opened a support call with MS (#111-021-678-393-629) and have been on the phone with them for 3-4 hours per day for 3 days now. At this point, I feel like this will never get resolved... I'll re-post if there are any developments.

(in reply to travis.sheldon)
Post #: 3
RE: iPhone / autodiscover problem - 23.Feb.2011 4:33:41 PM   
travis.sheldon

What happens when you try to browse

https://wlb-exca-01.monmouth.edu/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync

from the iPad after authenticating? Are you using 3g or wifi? if wifi, is there a proxy server involved?

(in reply to rcarsey)
Post #: 4
RE: iPhone / autodiscover problem - 6.Jan.2012 8:35:14 PM   
jmcdonagh

was this problem ever solved. I am having the exact same problem

(in reply to rcarsey)
Post #: 5
RE: iPhone / autodiscover problem - 15.Jan.2012 2:47:00 PM   
zpetersen

Im having what seems to be the same issue. Its interesting that in my case Autodiscover works with Outlook but not with ActiveSync. Activesync itself also works fine when you specify the server info manually.

WHen running the Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity cmdlet I get the following return:

quote:

UserName : testuser02
StartTime : 1/15/2012 11:41:48 AM
Latency : 00:00:00.0312516
EventType : Error
LatencyInMillisecondsString :
Identity :
IsValid : True

RunspaceId : 2e5834c8-7f08-4b71-b36a-ebea19b829b6
LocalSite :
SecureAccess : True
VirtualDirectoryName :
Url :
UrlType : Unknown
Port : 0
ConnectionType : Plaintext
ClientAccessServerShortName : Autodiscover
LocalSiteShortName :
ClientAccessServer : Autodiscover.contoso.com
Scenario : Autodiscover Client Access server
ScenarioDescription : An attempt was made to contact Autodiscover server Autodiscover.contoso.com from (testuser
02@contoso.com) for Client Access server information using NTLM for authentication.
PerformanceCounterName :
Result : Failure
Error : No valid URI could be found in server node in Autodiscover result /ad:Autodiscover/ms:Res
ponse/ms:Action/ms:Settings/ms:Server[child::ms:Type="MobileSync"]/ms:Url.

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/20
06">
<Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/mobilesync/response
schema/2006">
<Culture>en:us</Culture>
<User>
<DisplayName>contoso Test 2</DisplayName>
<EMailAddress>testuser02@contoso.com</EMailAddress>
</User>
<Action>
<Error>
<Status>1</Status>
<Message>No external URL is available to access this mailbox with Exchange Active
Sync. Your Exchange server configuration needs to be adjusted to allow access.</Message>
<DebugData>UserMailbox</DebugData>
</Error>
</Action>
</Response>
</Autodiscover>

Use the Set-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory task to configure the ExternalURL.

With Diag logging turned up to expert on ActiveSYnc and Autodiscover I get the following event:

quote:

Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Autodiscover
Date: 1/13/2012 5:37:15 PM
Event ID: 1201
Task Category: Provider
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: CAS02.contoso.com
Description:
Time:17:37:13.5068820, Id:3107295499, Error Response with the ErrCode:"1", Message:"No external URL is available to access this mailbox with Exchange ActiveSync. Your Exchange server configuration needs to be adjusted to allow access.", DebugData:"UserMailbox" was generated for EMailAddress:"contoso.service@contoso.com", LegacyDN:"" by "Microsoft.Exchange.Autodiscover.Providers.MobileSync.MobileSyncProvider, Microsoft.Exchange.Autodiscover, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35".

I have verified over and over again that the URL's are configured in the Virtual Directories and I can see them if I go into the schema. I have reset the activesync and autodiscover virtual directories and reconfigured them. Trying to figure out where exactly it is trying to read these URLs from and then I might be able to look at any possible permissions issues.

(in reply to jmcdonagh)
Post #: 6
RE: iPhone / autodiscover problem - 17.Jan.2012 7:10:13 AM   
arthisoftseo

Hi, I have also face this kind of problem...but right now i have the solution for this..

Thanks for Talk
Arthisoft

iphone application development | android application development

(in reply to zpetersen)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> iPhone / autodiscover problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter