• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

iPhone sending out meeting cancellation to all

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> iPhone sending out meeting cancellation to all Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
iPhone sending out meeting cancellation to all - 8.Oct.2012 10:24:09 PM   
dding0919

we have several case but all happened to just 1 meeting invite. As I know that the meeting organizer created the meeting invite from Outlook 2003 with her mailbox on exchange 2003, to a group of users who some are on ex2003 and others are on ex2010. Many of them have iPhone or Andriod phone. The organizer got a cancellation from a user who has iPhone but he isn't a organizer and shouldn't be able to do so. Then she recreated and sent to all again. Now, we got 3-4 users sending out meeting cancellation. All are iPhone users. I have searched web and saw many similar case. I tried to repro the issue but can't. Any idea what is the root case? Any fix? How to repro to verify?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: iPhone sending out meeting cancellation to all - 23.Oct.2012 8:31:29 AM   
rich872

Did you ever find resolution to this or a root cause? We are having the exact same issue with some of our iphone users. We are on exchange 2007.

(in reply to dding0919)
Post #: 2
RE: iPhone sending out meeting cancellation to all - 6.Nov.2012 3:15:23 PM   
kkhan

If anyone is experience this problem as of late...reports are saying because of IOS6.0.

Please have your IPhone users update their IOS software to the latest 6.0.1. Apple reports a fix for this issue which occurred because of the IOS6.0 push.

"iOS 6.0.1 is available for download and address some major fixes for the recently unveiled OS. One of those bugs is actually the inability to install software updates over the air. In order to get the update, first you must download an iOS updater application which will then enable you to download and install iOS 6.0.1.

The highlights of the update include:

•Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
•Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
•Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
•Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPad touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
•Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
•Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
•Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768774

http://blogs.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/2012/10/24/ios6-devices-hijack-ownership-of-an-exchange-meeting/

< Message edited by kkhan -- 6.Nov.2012 3:19:09 PM >

(in reply to rich872)
Post #: 3
RE: iPhone sending out meeting cancellation to all - 24.Dec.2012 7:02:16 AM   
nancy29

did the above step solve your problem dding0919

(in reply to kkhan)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> iPhone sending out meeting cancellation to all Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter