• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

installing a second 2007 exchange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> installing a second 2007 exchange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
installing a second 2007 exchange server - 7.Jan.2009 12:29:19 AM   
jasonelectric

Hi all,
I am looking for some help here. I currently have a Exchange 2007 server that everything is working great but the hardware is not so powerful. I am in a process of setting up another exchange 2007 with the same role as the first one. Once done i would like to move all mailboxes over to the new one. I will also keep the current because it would be good without mailbox. My first  Exchange run CAS with mailboxes. Email come into my network via port 25 to a Sonicwall Email Security box and then route to An exchange 2007. I also open up port 443 ssl directly the exchange box. The box has SSL certificate from Digicert. Everything like OWA, Activesync, Outlook anywhere are working fine. My question is how would i install a second Exchange 07 box and move mailbox over and keep everything work the same way? Do i really need to set up anything else on the first or second server?  Any knowleged would be very much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: installing a second 2007 exchange server - 7.Jan.2009 1:08:01 AM   
jitendergupta

Hi,

Adding second exchange 2007 server is easy. Prepare OS for second exchange server with all the prerequisites for mailbox role. Run exchange setup and install mailbox role. Using Exchange management console, transfer all mailboxes to new server. I'll suggest to keep old server for CAS\HUB role and new server for Mailbox role.

Jitender Kumar
MCSA, MCTS, VCP5-DCV, ITIL

(in reply to jasonelectric)
Post #: 2
RE: installing a second 2007 exchange server - 7.Jan.2009 10:04:38 PM   
jasonelectric

Thanks for the respond.
Can i install the second server as CAS, HT and Mailbox just like the first one. Will my OWA and ActiveSync and outlook Anywhere would still work fine from the Outside? when i move users from the first server to the second server?

(in reply to jitendergupta)
Post #: 3
RE: installing a second 2007 exchange server - 9.Jan.2009 12:59:04 AM   
ashishjoshi1

Sure installing another server in the org will not effect any user in the Org.
You can add any number of additional boxes and move them around OWA will work as usual.

Regards,
Ashish Joshi

Post #: 4
RE: installing a second 2007 exchange server - 13.Jan.2009 11:05:31 PM   
jasonelectric

everything is working fine. Now i have this werd event log that get created every night. See below. I hope someone can help.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category: General
Event ID: 8275
Date:  1/10/2009
Time:  1:59:44 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: mail2
Description:
SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine Mail2. The error number is 0x80004005.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

(in reply to ashishjoshi1)
Post #: 5
RE: installing a second 2007 exchange server - 14.Jan.2009 2:05:15 AM   
ravisha_22

every night the MSExchangeFBPublish  component of the SA, runs to delete any duplicate messages in the free/busy data. you will have enable logging for this component to know why this is failing.

Ravishankar

Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> installing a second 2007 exchange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter