• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

installing second Exchange server2003 to replace old Exchange 2003 server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> installing second Exchange server2003 to replace old Exchange 2003 server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
installing second Exchange server2003 to replace old Ex... - 20.Mar.2010 5:43:26 AM   
yts

Hi everyone,

Am in the process of installing second Exchange 2003 server to replace an old Exchange 2003 server, so far and based on a few hrs of reading, I could go about doing this is the following:

1. install the Exchange 2003 server in a member server.
2. make sure it is part of the old server exchange site.
3. move the mailboxes to the new server.

could you please tell me what other things I should be looking at in order to finally be able to shutdown this old server forever.

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: installing second Exchange server2003 to replace ol... - 20.Mar.2010 9:33:09 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Here's what you are looking for - How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group

(in reply to yts)
Post #: 2
RE: installing second Exchange server2003 to replace ol... - 20.Mar.2010 11:01:47 AM   
yts

thank you very much. yes that is what i am looking for.

Perfect

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 3
RE: installing second Exchange server2003 to replace ol... - 23.Mar.2010 2:12:55 AM   
yts

Hi,

I followed all the steps listed in the article, now finaly am in the last process of removing the exchange components, but keep getting that msg. : still users connected to this exchange although i moved all of mailboxes from this server.

I just dismounted the Information Store at the old server hoping this will disconnect the users from this server although I dont see any.

any ideas?

< Message edited by yts -- 23.Mar.2010 5:45:53 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: installing second Exchange server2003 to replace ol... - 25.Mar.2010 5:14:23 PM   
Jesper Bernle

Yes, I have an idea of what it meight be  - Unable to Remove Exchange Mailbox Database or Exchange Server

(in reply to yts)
Post #: 5
RE: installing second Exchange server2003 to replace ol... - 27.Mar.2010 6:02:58 AM   
yts

thanks for the site link.

task done!.

I found that there was 2 more emails that had that first exchange server as the exchnage home server. I edited them. and the remove process went fine.

thank you again.

case closed.

Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> installing second Exchange server2003 to replace old Exchange 2003 server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter