• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ETRN / TURN

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> ETRN / TURN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ETRN / TURN - 22.Jul.2002 7:58:00 AM   
GeraintB

We are trying to set up 2 SMTP routing groups to deliver mail between two sites within the same organization and with the same mail address one of which needs to hold the mail until the other connects.
We set one to queue mail and the other to send an ETRN/TURN when it connects, but no mail is released?
The 'authorised account' on the queued side is the admin acct and this has also been set up in the outbound security of the calling connecter, but still no joy.
Does anyone know what we are missing?
Both servers are w2k sp2 and exch sp2.
Any help would be appreciated as I don't know what else to do.
TIA
Geraint
Post #: 1
RE: ETRN / TURN - 26.Jul.2002 1:43:00 AM   
DaDougInc

Get a netmon of the communication process to see what is actually happening. This will tell you everything!

(in reply to GeraintB)
Post #: 2
RE: ETRN / TURN - 31.Jul.2002 10:52:00 AM   
GeraintB

Thanks for reply. Excuse my ignorance but I've not used netmon before. I've had a look at it and I suppose I need to filter down to the connections I'm interested in, but then what? What sort of info am I looking for?

(in reply to GeraintB)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> ETRN / TURN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter