• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cant move the items from MS Outlook

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> Installation >> Cant move the items from MS Outlook Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 27.Jul.2005 8:31:00 PM   
textguru

Hi!

I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4 with Norton Antivirus for MS Exchange. When I am trying to move messages to a personal folder, especially those message with attachments, this error prompts me:

Can't move the items. Some items could not be moved. They were eaither already moved or deleted, or access was denied.

After clicking OK, the message was still on the folder. I am thinking that the Norton AV causes this error (not sure on this). I don't know if some of you already encounter this error and I appreciate if you give me a reply.
Post #: 1
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 22.Sep.2005 9:08:03 AM   
Destinys Dream

This is the only way I have found to fix this.  Microsoft recognizes it as a problem but has no solution.  Hopefully you have at least 2 Exchange 5.5 servers.  Take the affected mailbox and move it off of server 1 and onto server 2.  Once mailbox has moved log back into Outlook.  When you go to drag and drop messages hold down the shift key.  This should work.  I believe the issue is due to Outlook not being up to date with the Exchange 5.5 server.  Other people I have discussed this with believe it performs a mini-defrag on just that mailbox.  I have read some articles on this being a NAV registry issue but cant seem to find it.  Good Luck.

(in reply to textguru)
Post #: 2
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 8.Oct.2007 4:19:51 PM   
Facundo.tuñez

Hi! I have the same problem with a very similar configuration. I use the McAfee antivirus. But when i create a subfolder i can move items. I get this error when the pst file is bigger than 800 mb. Does the pst folders have a limit? Thank.

Facu

(in reply to Destinys Dream)
Post #: 3
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 21.Mar.2013 11:01:38 AM   
sunilmkt

I also struck same condition, unable to find right solutions. I find my solution here.

Healthcare IT Solutions | Retail Software Solutions

(in reply to Facundo.tuñez)
Post #: 4
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 18.Apr.2013 10:25:29 AM   
techinfo

This error generally appears if user tries to move email message with attachments when Symantec Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange (NAVMSE) is installed on the Exchange Server.

OR

Norton AntiVirus attachment scanning is configured to intercept message
attachments.

Another possible cause of this error message is the corrupted items in Outlook .pst file.

How to Fix:

In order to fix this problem you may try the following methods:

1) Reconfigure Norton AntiVirus application for Microsoft Exchange server so that attachment scanning does not intercept message attachments during a move operation.
2) If above solution does not work, you need to fix your outlook by using a third party Outlook PST repair software

< Message edited by techinfo -- 19.Aug.2013 11:48:12 AM >

TechGuy
Tips & Tricks for MS Outlook and MS Exchange Server | Repair, Rebuild, and Mount Exchange Databases Easily

(in reply to sunilmkt)
Post #: 5
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 16.Jun.2013 2:23:04 AM   
rosen

This problem is caused by antivirus program you installed on your exchange server. Check your antivirus configuration or disable & enable it to get the issue resolved.

(in reply to sunilmkt)
Post #: 6
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 5.Sep.2013 2:29:15 AM   
BrianMartin

Outlook has a limit on the size of a folder, 2 GB as I can remember. If the size of the folder is close to this - problems arise.

(in reply to textguru)
Post #: 7
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 5.Feb.2014 11:27:18 PM   
roysanchez

Outlook PST repair software is a powerful tool that can recover your data successfully from corrupt pst file that includes all the attachments, email messages, , image files, journals, notes, zipped attachments, contact addresses, calendar and email properties such as To, From, Subject, CC, BCC.
Outlook PST Repair tool is a graphical user interface that makes the software easy to use. You can easily install the software and recovered the lost emails, attachments, image files, journals, notes, zipped attachments, contact addresses, calendar and email properties such as To, From, Subject, CC, BCC. While software repairing the corrupt pst file, on that time software execute the Quick scan to display the recovered items in tree like structure.Restore formatting from RTF and HTML messages.Support Windows 8, 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003, and Windows 2000
So check out the free trail version demo in which user can recover its data in free: http://www.****/outlook-pst-repair.html

(in reply to BrianMartin)
Post #: 8
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 29.Jun.2014 10:48:05 PM   
MichaelGuerra

Here we are providing you Outlook PST Repair software which can work against all the corruption issues of Outlook. Recover your all item notes, journals, tasks, calendar items, contacts, attachments, and etc. I will suggest you to use this software. I am very joyful with there result. Simple secure and faster technique. For more information click to: http://www.****/outlook-pst-recovery.html
Post #: 9
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 11.Jul.2014 10:58:02 PM   
JamesDittmar

This Convert OST to PST tool will help convert offline OST to PST files. OST to PST tool will scan the offline ost file and extracts emails as well as contacts from disconnected OST file created by Exchange Server.OST to PST tool will read OST files created with Exchange Server versions like Exchange 2010, Exchange 2007, Exchange 2003. Outlook 2010 (64 Bit & 32 Bit) version are supported while re-creating OST files as PST file by reading OST file meta data using OST to PST ****. for more information visit at this site: http://www.****/ost-to-pst-****.html

(in reply to textguru)
Post #: 10
RE: Cant move the items from MS Outlook - 18.Jul.2014 12:01:04 AM   
LeePatridge

Here we are providing you Outlook PST Repair software which can work against all the corruption issues of Outlook. Recover your all item notes, journals, tasks, calendar items, contacts, attachments, and etc. I will suggest you to use this software. I am very joyful with there result. Simple secure and faster technique. For more information click to: http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/outlook-email-pst-recovery.html

(in reply to textguru)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> Installation >> Cant move the items from MS Outlook Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter