• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook sync error, object can't be found (OAB/OAL)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> Outlook sync error, object can't be found (OAB/OAL) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook sync error, object can't be found (OAB/OAL) - 19.Feb.2005 7:12:00 PM   
beefbyproduct

 

Posts: 30
Joined: 28.Jul.2004
From: Ogden, Utah
Status: offline
[edit] CANCEL - it appears that only my Outlook (2003) client was configured to ask for the offline address book. I've since rebuilt (NOT RESET) it according to MS instructions, and have seen one 9126 OAL generator error so far. But no other users have noticed anything. As I thought, with nobody on dial-up the offline address book is pretty much a waste of bandwidth. [/edit]

To my shame I fiddled with the Offline Address Book folders on the server and broke offline address books.

The clients are still sending/receiving mail ok, address books & contacts are fine, but on each client send/receive this appears in the Synchronization Log:

10:49:51 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604
10:49:51 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Beef'
10:49:51 Synchronizing Hierarchy
10:49:52 Done
10:49:52 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
10:49:52 0X8004010F

The clients send/receive progress dialog reports an error stating: as object can not be found.

The last two lines apparently related to the following Event error logged when restarting the store:

MSExchangeSA: Error 9172 OALGen encountered error 0x8004010f while calculating the OALs.

I created a new OAL with a new name, then I deleted it and created one matching the name in the public folder replicant: Default Offline Address List, and I added all address lists. Rebuilt, and set it as default.

The problem remains: an object could not be found.

Now I have two OAB Version 2 offline address lists, with data in each. But this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I found an article: XADM How to Reset System Folders on an Exchange 2000 Server (275171), where it calls for making a new GUID.

The article says that all "data" will be lost, which is not comforting and rather vague - what data???

Do I need to reset system folders to fix this problem? I don't think we need the OAL/OAB...?

[ February 21, 2005, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: BeefByproduct ]
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook sync error, object can't be found (OAB/OAL) - 24.May2012 5:13:01 AM   
nelson

 

Posts: 74
Joined: 5.Dec.2010
Status: offline
You may check this helpful post for the cause and solution of this problem: Exchange Error 0x8004010f

Hope it will solve your problem.

_____________________________

Brian Nelson
Outlook PST Repair

(in reply to beefbyproduct)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> Outlook sync error, object can't be found (OAB/OAL) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter