• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

using IMAP to write to public folders - problem...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> using IMAP to write to public folders - problem... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
using IMAP to write to public folders - problem... - 22.Jul.2005 9:11:00 AM   
batfastad

Hi guys

We have many PC users that connect to SBS Exchange 2003 using Outlook XP

We also have 6 Mac OSX users in our design studio and I've been using Thunderbird v1 for them to connect to SBS Exchange 2003 using the IMAP protocol.

Thunderbird over IMAP works great for the Mac users, but we've just started using Public Folders in Exchange

Turns out all the Thunderbird users can read and open public folder emails no problems, but they get the following error when they try and drop an item into the public folders...

code:
The current command did not succeed "there is no replica for that mailbox on this server"

Has anyone encountered this error before?
What does it mean?

Searching on google the results seem to suggest that it's an error specific to the IMAP protocol, and not with how I've set the public folders in Exchange.

It can't be anything to do with the client permissions of the public folders either as Default, Administrator and Anonymous are all set as 'Owner'
(I want everyone to have read/write/delete permissions on public folders)

Is this an exhange thing?
Any considerations I need when using the IMAP protocol?

I found that for a user to connect using IMAP, their alias has to be set to the same as their logon, in Active Directory Users and Computers.
Then to connect using IMAP on their Thunderbird I have to have the username as NETWORK\username

Thanks

Ben
Post #: 1
RE: using IMAP to write to public folders - problem... - 25.Jul.2005 8:47:00 AM   
batfastad

Anyone?

(in reply to batfastad)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Public Folders >> using IMAP to write to public folders - problem... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter