• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immediately!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immediately! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 9.Dec.2004 3:26:00 AM   
To all who contribute in this topic.
Than kyou very much. your suggestion solved my problems.

Munzir

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 21
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 9.Mar.2005 5:06:00 PM   
Thank you very much to all contributors [Smile] It helped me to solve my problem

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 22
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 10.Aug.2005 9:23:00 PM   
I am running eseutil /p right now as I write this. My problem is that it seems to be kind of hung on the 3rd step, "Deleting unicode fixup code". I have not received any error and the machine seems to still be running, though very very slowly... I've had to do this once before, but I don't remember this step taking so long.

How long should I wait? It has been about 10 hours so far... my priv1.edb database is about 18GB.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

-Aaron
Network Administrator
Buckmasters LTD
amitchell@buckmasters.com

(in reply to sankurian)
  Post #: 23
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 14.Jul.2007 10:45:02 AM   
mdwasim

Hello Experts,

I am also facing the problem to mount store after restoring backup. I followed the guidelines mentioned here, and also ran eseutil /p, but things not seems to workout.
any idea what can be done futher?
its like a knife on my neck now :-(

hope to get helpfull replies from you all.

Thanks.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 24
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 14.Jul.2007 10:46:13 AM   
mdwasim

Sorry, forgot to mention its exchange 2003 on win 2003.

(in reply to mdwasim)
Post #: 25
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 11.Feb.2009 1:53:19 PM   
v9brcha

Hi,

If the priv1.stm files are missing you have to recreate the stm files from the edb files.
I have an article that gives information about recreating stm files
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555146

Thanks

(in reply to Braingears)
Post #: 26
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 11.Feb.2009 2:09:11 PM   
v9brcha

Hi

I understand that you restored from backup and then you are unable to mount the stores.
I have a quick question did you run hard recovery after restored the database?
If you have not run
ensure you run the following command to check the logs required matches with the logs in the restore.env folder.

C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\eseutil \cm "C:\temp\first storage group"

Then run the hard recovery command to play the log files from the restore.env folder.

C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\eseutil \cc "C:\temp\first storage group"

Refer the following article for hard recovery
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232938

After you run this command without any errors then go ahead and check the database consistency using the eseutil /mh.

If the hard recovery command gets terminated look for another good backup.
Always have repair as the last option..

Thanks

(in reply to mdwasim)
Post #: 27
RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immedia... - 2.May2017 7:30:21 AM   
bloggeranjalitomar

I believe when you can execute eseutil/p,

you didn't moved the logs and checkpoint file or whatever is there in the database folder to another folder, create a new one and move all files except the database files, i.e. .edb or .stm file etc.

Run ISINTEG -fix and check whether you can mount the stores or not and since the mailbox store and the public store depends upon the checkpoint file and logs.

Read more : http://exchangeserver.tumblr.com/post/1096516368/resolve-error-unable-to-mount-the-mailbox

(in reply to v9brcha)
Post #: 28

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> RE: Unable to Mount Mailbox Store - Please help immediately! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter