Illegal Duplicate Key error message when running ESEUTIL /D (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores

nict -> Illegal Duplicate Key error message when running ESEUTIL /D (30.Jun.2004 4:23:00 AM)

When running ESEUTIL /D on priv.edb file for MS Exchange 2003 I receive the following error message: 'Operation terminated with error -1605 <Jet_errKeyDuplicate, Illegal duplicate key>...' So far I have been unable to find a way around this.

Zelandakh -> RE: Illegal Duplicate Key error message when running ESEUTIL /D (28.Jul.2004 10:05:00 AM)

I had a similar Jet error message. Look in the event log for 1018 errors (but any Exchange errors will be a start).

Looks like you need to restore from backup but what happens if you eseutil /mh ?

Monham -> RE: Illegal Duplicate Key error message when running ESEUTIL /D (27.Jun.2008 6:40:44 AM)

I Had the same error in my Exchange 2003 Sp1 server without any erreor in the application log.

I will try to run isinteg to fix the duplicated key  in the Exchange database table!!!

I will updates you if it resolve the issue.

Exchange_Geek -> RE: Illegal Duplicate Key error message when running ESEUTIL /D (7.Jul.2008 4:11:07 AM)

To answer all the questions independently.

1. 1605 <Jet_errKeyDuplicate, Illegal duplicate key>, guys this error basically means wish your DB goodbye. Its HIGHLY recommended to take out all your data into PST using OL / ExMerge - else it would be too late and you would loose ALL your data. The ONLY known way to recover from this situation is to run repair commands using the eseutil dll files from E2k3 SP2 build. If that helps - GREAT, if not well you can use third-party products (such as OnTrack), since Microsoft cannot retrieve any data if the Eseutil FAILS.

2. With regards to -1018, 1019 or 1022. Microsoft has a complete documentation stating whats the reason behind such errors and how to over come from such issues.

Understanding and analyzing -1018, -1019, and -1022 Exchange database errors
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314917

rsmudliar123 -> RE: Illegal Duplicate Key error message when running ESEUTIL /D (7.Feb.2009 8:56:25 AM)

In short this database is beyond repair.

Please restore from a valid backup.

Page: [1]