• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange recovery

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Exchange recovery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange recovery - 27.Jul.2004 2:49:00 AM   
Hi, we are planning disaster recovery for our exchange server. We want to be able to setup a exchange server on another site which is connected through A T1 line and have it as a backup in case the the one at our main site goes down. What would be the best way to set this up, so that once the main server fail the new one takes over.

thanks in advance
  Post #: 1
RE: Exchange recovery - 27.Jul.2004 11:01:00 AM   
Henrik Walther

You would need something like:

GeoCluster: Real-Time Data Protection Software:
http://www.nsisoftware.com/pro/geocluster/

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange recovery - 27.Jul.2004 4:13:00 PM   
Is there any other way to do it without having to purchase third party software? Thanks for the reply

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: Exchange recovery - 27.Jul.2004 4:59:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

Not if the two Exchange Servers need to "replicate" with each other.

But as mentioned in the other forums, where you posted this question you can have a so called MX backup Server, which hold any mail destined to your domain, until your server is up and running again.

What is it exactly you want to accomplish?

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange recovery - 27.Jul.2004 5:11:00 PM   
I want to have an exchange server in a remote site so if the main one at headquarters were to go down the one at the remote site would take over. We want to at least be able to send and receive mail even if all old emails are not present.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 5
RE: Exchange recovery - 5.May2015 12:36:12 AM   
Heather12

I am currently using Free "CloudBacko pro" as my dependable source of cloud storage. It is the fastest, secure and more reasonable from other online IT backup solutions. CloudBacko pro provides 100 TB free of charge data storage. You can get hold on free data storage without spending too much of cost. It combines available cloud storage Google Drive, Drop Box, One drive, etc into single big storage. You can run it from common web browsers.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Exchange recovery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter