• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in eventID

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in eventID Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in eventID - 21.Jun.2005 1:09:00 PM   
-Georges-

Hi,

This afternoon, i had some troubles with my exchange 2000 server. Since i rebooted him, i didn't get my private store up. My database-files were corrupt becouse of a dirty shutdown...
After i dit a repair/defrag of my db-files, cleanup all of my logfiles, i get my exchange up.
No, everythins seems to be working, but in my eventlog, i have every minute this message :

"The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000"

Anyone know what the problem is...or how i can disbable this errorlog in eventvwr ?

I only use 1 priv and pub store.
I also already read that i have to delete the system mailbox in active directory ??

My m-drive also disappeared...

Thx for helping me

Georges
Post #: 1
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 22.Jun.2005 2:38:00 AM   
-Georges-

I have my m-drive back, but the erros still filling up my application event log

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 2
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 23.Jun.2005 7:34:00 AM   
-Georges-

It seems like there must be old date or a link in my exchange server to an old information store that don't exists anymore.
Anyone can tell me how i can find and delete this old broken links in exchange ??

Thx for help

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 3
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 27.Jun.2005 9:03:00 AM   
-Georges-

Anyone can help me ?

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 4
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 13.Jul.2005 8:23:00 AM   
-Georges-

Please, no one can help me ?

Is there a tool for exchange to search for broken links to old databases, in registry ?

All works fine, but i want these errors out of my event log :

Every minute :

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000

Every 20 minutes :

Error initializing session for virtual machine SRVR1. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 5
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 1.Oct.2005 7:56:36 AM   
-Georges-

Still have these errors filling up my eventlog

Isn't there anyone can help me ?

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 6
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 3.Oct.2005 7:25:29 AM   
kasif

Ensure the below registry key is not enabled

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem

Disable MAPI clients

For reference follow

How to put server-side restrictions on clients that are used to access Exchange 2000 mailboxes

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328240 

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 7
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 5.Oct.2005 9:20:46 AM   
kasif

Also checked the IS service properties --log on tab-- it should log on with log on locally not with any password.

(in reply to kasif)
Post #: 8
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 7.Oct.2005 6:48:59 AM   
-Georges-

Hi Kasif,

Thx for helping me.

I think the problem is that in my exchange 2000 configuration, (registry?)  there still is a link to an old exchange database that doesn't exist anymore. A few years ago, i created a new database. Since i deleted the old priv1 and pub1 files from that old database, i get these messages filling up my applic eventlog every miniute.
So, my exchange works fine, everything works, no user has problems, but there still must be a broken link in exchange... and i so want this out of my configuration...

(in reply to kasif)
Post #: 9
RE: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in e... - 19.Oct.2005 3:38:24 AM   
-Georges-

up

(in reply to -Georges-)
Post #: 10

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed...messages in eventID Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter