• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrate to e2k

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrate to e2k Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrate to e2k - 12.Feb.2002 6:59:00 PM   
infoguy

When I tried to migrate 5.5 to 2k, I got a message of "Invalid Server specified or you do not have permissions to compleate the operation" and event 7048 generated. want to migrate between two different domains, two different sites. All permissions have been set up. Anyone can help me? Thanks a lot!
Post #: 1
RE: Migrate to e2k - 12.Feb.2002 9:28:00 PM   
1. must have valid Trust
2. acct. used to install E2k must have Service Account Admin Permissions on 5.5 box at Org, Site and Config containers.
3. ADC must be installed.
4. if ADC is on w2k DC, ldap protocol on 5.5 box must be set to something other than 389
5. acct. starting up ADC Service should not be in upn format, whatever@whatever.com, but domain\user
6. ntlm must be enabled on ldap protocol on 5.5 box
7. acct. used to install e2k must be in Enterprise Admins and Schema Admins and Domain Admins.

(in reply to infoguy)
  Post #: 2
RE: Migrate to e2k - 28.Feb.2002 11:41:00 PM   
infoguy

Thank you, whatever. It still did not work. Is there anything I didn't do correctly?

Permission--OK
ADC--installed and configured
Trust--OK

???

(in reply to infoguy)
Post #: 3
RE: Migrate to e2k - 8.Mar.2002 11:25:00 PM   
Barry

I am having the same problem as infoguy. As I understand it, the Migration Wizard is used for separate domains/sites, for situations where new W2K domains are created rather than upgrading the NT 4.0 domains. In this situation the Exchange 2000 server is not placed in the Exchange 5.5 site. I don't think ADC is involved in this method.

The key to the problem I think is in the W2K Event log error 7048: Could not log onto the message store for account "Microsoft System Attendant" on server PRO.(PRO is the Exchange 5.5 server).

The account I am using to logon with has admin permisions on the Exchange 5.5 Org, Site and Config containers as per Q281496. There must be some additional permision required but I do not know what it is. Can anyone help? For more details see my post inthe "Installation" posts. I posted there before I saw this "Migration" area.

Thanks!

(in reply to infoguy)
Post #: 4
RE: Migrate to e2k - 14.Mar.2002 10:27:00 PM   
infoguy

Finally I found the answer by went through the documents: The trick is that E5.5 site can be named such as "Blah blah, Inc." while , and . are invalid in E2k site name. Such a site will not be recognized by E2k Migration tool.

To finish the migration successfully, first move the E5.5 server from the old "invalid" site to a new site "whatever site name". MoveServer tool can be found in E55 SP4 CD. After that, you can migrate the E55 server to E2k server without any problem.

Tip: to install Moveserver tool, you need uninstall E55 eventlog service first. Remember read the Readme file carefully and backup the E55 after each step. It will take a lot of time to finish this tough task. Hope this information can help these hopless guys. Good luck!

[ March 14, 2002, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: infoguy ]

(in reply to infoguy)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrate to e2k Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter