• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Lotus notes migration to exch 2k

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Lotus notes migration to exch 2k Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lotus notes migration to exch 2k - 18.May2002 7:02:00 AM   
jbarsodi

Hi I was wondering if anyone had some real experience with migrating Lotus Notes to Exch2k.
I do not know lotus notes, but I have to figure it out. i was wondering what kind of time it took, I understand that the size of the current lotus db will come into effect, but if anyone has some experience recommendations and so on.

Unforunately at this time I do not know the version of lotus notes currently running or the size of the db. Just that we have to migrate to exch 2k. So any tips, hints, suggestions, or anything would be much apprecited.

Thank you
Jbarsodi@raidtech.net

www.raidtech.net
Post #: 1
RE: Lotus notes migration to exch 2k - 20.May2002 6:08:00 PM   
jbarsodi

I got some information. It's Lotus 5 and the size of the Lotus Notes DB is 4.6GB.

So basically I am Migrating lotus ver5 w/ a 4.6GB DB to a brand new exchange 2000 server. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in this migration? any tips, pointers, not to-do's, anything they experienced firsthand that could make this easier for me.

Thank you,
John
jbarsodi@raidtech.net

(in reply to jbarsodi)
Post #: 2
RE: Lotus notes migration to exch 2k - 16.Sep.2002 10:58:00 PM   
outlaw

The Migration Wizard that comes with EX 2K works fairly slick. It moves all mail retaining dates to the EX server. It will also move calendars, with some accuracy. Microsoft has a step-by-step article online at the following link to get you started:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/notes.asp

(in reply to jbarsodi)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Lotus notes migration to exch 2k Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter