• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving mailboxes

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Moving mailboxes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving mailboxes - 12.Sep.2002 3:07:00 PM   
pjhutch

We are currently moving some mailboxes from 5.5 to 2000 but we have discovered that the users now on exch 2000 can no longer view other peoples free/busy times in the Calendar in Outlook esp. when setting up meetings!
We have checked client permissions on Schedule+ Free/Busy Public Folder and Default is set to Editor ok.
We have updated ADC connector from 5.5 to 2000 (for access to old 5.5 accounts in address book).
We have applied SPs to peoples Office installation.
No luck so far... "[Frown]"
Post #: 1
RE: Moving mailboxes - 12.Sep.2002 9:57:00 PM   
dcfirewall

What Versioin of Service pack are you using on your exchange if you are using no service packs then please see that you update it to SP2 and try the same
Raj

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving mailboxes - 13.Sep.2002 9:58:00 AM   
pjhutch

We have Exchange 2000 SP2 on all our E2K Servers
and Windows 2K SP2.

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 3
RE: Moving mailboxes - 13.Sep.2002 2:06:00 PM   
pjhutch

I should also mention that people with no Admin rights can see the Free/Busy information. Users with Admin rights can see it. This applies to 5.5 and 2000 email accounts.

I been trying to apply rights to all sorts of places to see if users can see Free/Busy info.

Exch SP3 does not mention much about Free/Busy info, this may be my next step...

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 4
RE: Moving mailboxes - 13.Sep.2002 7:41:00 PM   
On 1 client w/ problem w/ free busy run from Run line: outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy. Then do "test" appointment.

On 2 client w/ problem w/ free busy run from Run line: outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy. Then see if you can accept invitation from client 1, and vice versa.

(in reply to pjhutch)
  Post #: 5
RE: Moving mailboxes - 16.Sep.2002 5:09:00 PM   
pjhutch

The second computer failed to clean free/busy info when loading Outlook with that switch.

The user has 'Full Mailbox Access' rights on their mailbox with their AD user. Do I need to apply more rights to their own mailbox?

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 6
RE: Moving mailboxes - 17.Sep.2002 11:59:00 AM   
pjhutch

I fixed it!

In Exch 5.5 Admin the accounts that were moved still had their old domain accounts as the primary NT account rather than the new domain!
Changing the primary NT account to new domain account fixed it (also added their old account in Permissions as well).

YES!

Peter
:-)

(in reply to pjhutch)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Moving mailboxes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter