• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Automating Exchange 2000 Migration process by using Access 2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Automating Exchange 2000 Migration process by using Access 2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Automating Exchange 2000 Migration process by using Acc... - 11.Nov.2002 2:02:00 PM   
vsskr

I have read in one article that, Access 2000 can be used to automate the Exchange 2000 migration process. It's really very interesting and useful for the people who are involved in the Exchange 2000 migration activities. Also it is stated in the article that, the following activities can be automated to migrate huge number of mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, if we are not using any migration tools.

1. Creation of .CSV files for bulk uploading of new mailboxes in Exchange 2000 by using Windows 200 Active Directory users and computers.
2. Exporting the Exchange 5.5 mailbox information like Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, Sent Items etc from the Exchange 5.5 Server to .PST file by using the Exmerge.exe utility.
3. Importing the .PST file to the Exchange 2000 Server by using the Exmerge.exe utility.

If anyone knows about this, please help me to understand the process. I hope this will help all Exchange administrators and will reduce the migration time and workload.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Automating Exchange 2000 Migration process by using Access 2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter