• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Automated Verification of Mailbox Migration using ExMerge

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Automated Verification of Mailbox Migration using ExMerge Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Automated Verification of Mailbox Migration using ExMerge - 12.Nov.2002 3:49:00 PM   
Prasath

I am using ExMerge tool for migration of Exchange mailbox data from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2000 Server. I follow two step process. i.e., exporting Exchange Server 5.5 mail data to personal folder using Exmerge 3.7.2. Then, uploading data from personal folder to Exchange 2000 Server using ExMerge 6.0. Right now, I use ExMerge log file to manually verify the Migration process. This manual verification process becomes cumbersome if I go for a bulk migration.

Is there any automated process currently in place, which ensures the smooth migration of mailboxes, which does not involve the manual verification of ExMerge logs.Moreover is there any tools or scripts in use which could notify the status of migration to the concerned administrator as an alert or as an e-mail. Also if there is a problem with the migration process, what are the steps to be followed to revert the sitution back to its normal stage with minimum effort.

Please suggest if anyone have already faced similar need.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Automated Verification of Mailbox Migration using ExMerge Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter