move exchange 2000 mailboxes to another exchange 2000 replacement server.....HELP ME (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration

wonderboy26 -> move exchange 2000 mailboxes to another exchange 2000 replacement server.....HELP ME (7.Jan.2003 4:06:00 AM)

ok silly question

i need to move exchange 2000 mailboxes to another exchange 2000 replacement server the replacement server has a diffrent name both are now up and running but need to move all mail boxes off the old server to the new server

i have tried using the migration tools but with failure

any way else please help this is urgent

regards

johnny

DaDougInc -> RE: move exchange 2000 mailboxes to another exchange 2000 replacement server.....HELP ME (7.Jan.2003 10:39:00 PM)

If this replacement server is in the same Forest, Organization, Admin Group, etc, then move the mailbox using AD users and Computers. That would be the simpliest method.

If the server is in its own forest, what error do you get with the migration wizard?

apr01 -> RE: move exchange 2000 mailboxes to another exchange 2000 replacement server.....HELP ME (27.Mar.2003 2:02:00 PM)

I just did this for some users, but now they can't get email to each other across the diff servers? Both servers are in the same AD domain. Is there somethig else you have to do. I heard about updating the directory services and smtp router in exchange?

Page: [1]