Forest Prep and Domain Prep (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration

jackgbcx -> Forest Prep and Domain Prep (3.Feb.2003 1:09:00 AM)

If I am migrating 5.5 to E2K, do I have to run Forest Prep andf then Domain Prep or one or the other?

DaDougInc -> RE: Forest Prep and Domain Prep (5.Feb.2003 5:19:00 PM)

If you are going to move the mailboxes from Exch 5.5 to E2K, then you want to run Forestprep after you install the ADC service on your Global Catalog server.
I suggest running Forestprep and Domainprep to ensure that replication and each item finishes properly.

jackgbcx -> RE: Forest Prep and Domain Prep (5.Feb.2003 6:15:00 PM)

can i run them on the server that I am going to install E2K?

DaDougInc -> RE: Forest Prep and Domain Prep (5.Feb.2003 8:08:00 PM)

Yes you can...you can also run those from a Domain Controller (or any W2K server within the AD Domain for that matter).

jackgbcx -> RE: Forest Prep and Domain Prep (5.Feb.2003 10:16:00 PM)

Thanks for your help

Xuser -> RE: Forest Prep and Domain Prep (5.Feb.2003 10:37:00 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by DaDougInc:
Yes you can...you can also run those from a Domain Controller (or any W2K server within the AD Domain for that matter).

I have attempted to run ADC on our member server that is going to be our Exch2k box and it will not allow me. I can't recall exactly the error msg but it was about the LDAP port. I finally followed Microsoft article and changed the port from 389 to 390 and even tried 391 but it still says it still cannot contact our Exch5.5 server. Finally, I tried it on our DC and it went through. I wonder if this is a serious considerations I should watch out for? Any ideas?

jackgbcx -> RE: Forest Prep and Domain Prep (6.Feb.2003 2:50:00 AM)

I have not run into this I actually did not have to change the ldap port

Page: [1]