• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Delegating only calendar access in mixed Domain setup.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Delegating only calendar access in mixed Domain setup. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Delegating only calendar access in mixed Domain setup. - 6.Feb.2003 3:52:00 AM   
msexchangeda

Hi All,

We have recentley setup a fresh W2k mixed mode Domain and installed Exchange 2000 Server into it. The existing NT4 Exchange 5.5 Domain has had the accounts extracted and added to the 2k domain via the Exchange Server Migration Wizard (Ex2k Sp2 feature). All mailboxes came across ok and we have assigned the users NT4 account Read, Full and Associated external account permissions to the their individual mailbox. 2-way trusts have been configured. The old Exchange 5.5 servers were shutdown after the mailboxes were copied and mail redirected to the new servers. The users are required to log into the old Domain to be able to access core applications.

Users would like to be able to access the calendars of other individual users. I am able to provide them with full control to the other users mailbox but this provides them with full access to the whole mailbox. I am unable to delegate only the calendar via the client as the account is in the NT4 domain. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Delegating only calendar access in mixed Domain setup. - 6.Feb.2003 2:39:00 PM   
jackgbcx

If the users only need to share other calendars, in outlook you do not need to delegate control, in the outlook today mailbox properties, permissios tab give them access then right click the calendar and give them the same permissions, hope this helps

(in reply to msexchangeda)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Delegating only calendar access in mixed Domain setup. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter