In place upgrade post install steps (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration

aaron72 -> In place upgrade post install steps (12.Mar.2003 5:08:00 PM)

I've just done an in place upgrade of my only Exchange server from 5.5 to 2K. I haven't seen any steps published in regards to what to do after the upgrade. Things I'm looking for is when and how to get rid of the ADC and the SRS or any other items I should know about to complete this process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BeTaCam -> RE: In place upgrade post install steps (13.Mar.2003 12:51:00 PM)

Hi

Article No.327779 or

Deleting Connection Agreements, DRCs, and SRSs
Before you switch to native mode, you also need to delete connection agreements, Directory Replication connectors, and Site Replication Services. The following steps must be completed in this order before you delete any SRSs in the organization. Once you begin the process of deleting the SRSs, you must delete them all.

In the ADC, delete all recipient connection agreements. If you don't delete connection agreements before you begin deleting Site Replication Services, then you may lose data, such as the membership of distribution lists.
Using System Manager, connect to each SRS in the organization and delete all Directory Replication connectors (DRC). To delete the DRCs, expand the Tools node to view Site Replication Service. On the View menu, click Directory Replication Connector View. Click on the DRCs, and then press Delete.
In the ADC, manually replicate the deletion of the DRCs to Active Directory. To verify that deletion of the DRCs has been replicated to Active Directory, in System Manager, expand the Tools node to view Site Replication Service. On the View menu, click Directory Replication Connector View. If they have been deleted properly, DRCs will no longer be visible.
Delete Site Replication Services. To delete SRSs, select the SRS in Exchange 2000 System Manager and, on the Edit menu, click Delete.
Switching to Native Mode .After you have finished the preparatory tasks, you're ready to switch to native mode. Switching is relatively easy. In System Manager, right-click your organization, click Properties, and then under Change Operations Mode, click Change Mode.

Ensure that you walk throught the Technet / Exchange 2000 / Exchange 2000 in six steps

Hope this is of Use

Page: [1]