• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migration issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migration issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migration issue - 30.Apr.2003 11:14:00 PM   
Ross76

Hi y'all.
I'm planning a NT4 domain migration with Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server + Exchange 2000. I'd like to maintain the same domain name. My one and only server (SERVER1) is running NT4 and Exchange 5.5. I would add a second machine as a BDC, promote it to PDC then run Dcpromo and create a Windows 2000 structure. Then I would
add another Windows 2000 DC and install Exchange 2000 onto it. The domain name would be the same as the NT4 domain (at least, the Netbios name, of course). Now I'd like to migrate all the users mailboxes from the original 5.5 to the new Exchange 2000 and then decommission it. Is this possible? Do I need the AD Connector? Can some conflicts arise with the new Windows 2000 structure (BDC with Exchange 5.5 and Windows 2000 DC with Exchange 2000, same domain name, whatever)? Are there any white papers to do
so?

Ross
Post #: 1
RE: Migration issue - 28.May2003 1:53:00 AM   
Checkout this Microsoft artical:

Q316886 How to: Migrate from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange 2000 server.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316886

Good luck.........

(in reply to Ross76)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migration issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter