• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Converting from Inet.mail to MS Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Converting from Inet.mail to MS Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Converting from Inet.mail to MS Exchange - 7.May2003 4:42:00 PM   
Cas

We are planning on converting from our current E-mail server which is 'inet.mail', developed by Hethmon Brothers, Inc. We run Eudora Pro as our e-mail client. We will be moving to MS Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2002. Here are my questions:
1. Need a PROJECT MANAGEMENT PLan.
I am looking for a high-level Project plan with all the major task that need to be completed and then a 'detailed' plan that breaks the major topics down into individual task. Maybe someone has done one in MS Project or some other project management tool.
2. Would like to find ANYONE that has converted from INET.MAIL to MS Exchange to understand pitfalls, experience, etc.
3. Need to find out if there is a source extractor to migrate from Inet.mail to MS Exchange. (In what I read in the documentation that comes with Exchange, there are 2 steps to migrating data.
1st -Step is to Extract the data from our current server, 'inet.mail'. In order to do that, I would use an existing standalone Source Extractor OR write one myself. I have not been able to find an Extractor for INET.MAIL. (I am not sure of the complexity in writing a source extrator)
2nd -Step is to then use the MS Exchange Wizard to import the messages & attachments, that are created by using the Extractor to the Active directory and Exchange.

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Converting from Inet.mail to MS Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter