• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Moving from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K - 4.Aug.2003 7:43:00 PM   
billw

OK, here goes:
I have an exisiting organization which had 2 domains, acme.com and acme.net. The Exchange server was its own DC on the acme.net domain, all by itself. This server is running out of room as we speak. I have a brand new server with Exchange Enterprise 2K installed and ready to go on the acme.com domain. Questions are:

1. Does it make sense to move Exchange to the acme.com domain to have everything in just one domain or add it to the acme.net domain and continue to have Exchange on its own domain?

2. Most importantly - in moving the mailboxes...should I manually create all the users on the new server and then import the mailboxes via the mailmerge app or should I replicate via AD and then import the mailboxes? What are your opinions on this? I have ~150 users.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Moving from Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter