• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

fallback to EX 5.5 after EX2K failed

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> fallback to EX 5.5 after EX2K failed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
fallback to EX 5.5 after EX2K failed - 5.Aug.2003 7:00:00 PM   
PackServ

I got this gig after someone failed to migrate from EX 5.5 to EX 2K. I restored all mailboxes from PSTs. Alot of teeth-gnashing involved. ALMOST everyone is a happy camper (or at least satisfied with working email). One or two people using Outlook XP get errors when sending email composed in offline mode upon reconnecting to exchange 5.5. W2K mixed-mode environment. The sync error error reads:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: Soy methyl ester
Sent: 8/1/2003 10:28 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'Jean-Pierre Bxxxxxxx' on 8/1/2003 10:28 PM
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Packaging;l=PS-EXCHANGE01-030802032812Z-4
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:PS:PS-EXCHANGE01

On the Ex 5.5 server applog (w2K) I get a corresponding error that reads:
PS\Jean-Pierre_Bxxxxxx was validated as /o=Packaging/ou=PS/cn=Recipients/cn=Jean-Pierre_Bxxxxxx but was unable to log on to /o=Packaging Service Co./ou=PS-Houston/cn=Recipients/cn=Jean-Pierre_Bxxxxx.

Any help/advise would be appreciated. What do I do to resolve the Sales Manger's problems writing email offline?
Post #: 1
RE: fallback to EX 5.5 after EX2K failed - 13.Sep.2003 4:03:00 PM   
pjhutch

Sounds like the X500 addressing is incorrect (PS-Houston <> PS) I suggest deleting the user's email profile (hence get rid of current offline copy) and create a new one to get new settings.

(in reply to PackServ)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> fallback to EX 5.5 after EX2K failed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter