• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Replacing Exchange server - suggestions?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Replacing Exchange server - suggestions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacing Exchange server - suggestions? - 11.Aug.2003 7:50:00 PM   
billw

I have an Exchange box which is the DC of its own domain. There are no other boxes on the domain. It's running out of space as we speak. I've purchased a new box with lots more space, installed OS and Exchange, service packs, etc.

I want to transfer all the mail to the new box. What is the best method to get all the user accounts and their mailboxes from the old server to the new? All help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Replacing Exchange server - suggestions? - 5.Sep.2003 10:15:00 AM   
pjhutch

Set up a new Server with a different name and then set it up as a DC and let the accounts replicate to the new server. Then install Exchange 2000 and join it to the existing Org/Site.
Then you can either migrate the mailboxs individually from one server to the next or dismount the mailbox store(s) on first server. Copy the edb and stm files across and mount them on the new server....

(in reply to billw)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Replacing Exchange server - suggestions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter