• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Changing the computer name.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Changing the computer name. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing the computer name. - 3.Sep.2003 11:47:00 PM   
sbittner

If you change the computer name on an Exchange 2K server will it operate normally under the new name? Assuming I point all of the Exchange services on the MAPI setups at the new name?
I would like to run a migration. I have a custom Office 2k MSI that points Outlook at my current Exchange 5.5 server. I would like to setup coexistance, test the new server then one weekend migrate all mailboxes then rename my Exchange 2k server with the 5.5 server name.
Post #: 1
RE: Changing the computer name. - 4.Sep.2003 6:07:00 AM   
sniper

bittmailer

test the migration in the lab thats what I do and perform exchnage 5.5 disater recovery and database mainenance and the normal upgrade steps ( NTDS no match ect ) after all is tested dothe inplace upgrade where the old server is you fall back and the new server keeps the same name and will be exchange 2000

(in reply to sbittner)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing the computer name. - 4.Sep.2003 6:06:00 PM   
sbittner

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gregory:
bittmailer

test the migration in the lab thats what I do and perform exchnage 5.5 disater recovery and database mainenance and the normal upgrade steps ( NTDS no match ect ) after all is tested dothe inplace upgrade where the old server is you fall back and the new server keeps the same name and will be exchange 2000

Having two Exchange servers running in an operation my size is exactly what I wanted to avoid. We need to keep the number of servers down because of limited egineering staff, rack space, backup window, power requirments, etc.....

(in reply to sbittner)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Changing the computer name. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter