• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Schizophrenic Active Directory

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Schizophrenic Active Directory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Schizophrenic Active Directory - 5.Dec.2003 6:30:00 AM   
sabasigh

So I did a mailbox move on my account from 5.5 to 2000 last night. Waited for replication, and logged in, opened Outlook and everything was fine.

Came in this morning, logged in...still working great. I then call over a coworker and show him the process as I'm going to move his mailbox. I goto the ADC, which is set to Never and choose Replicate Now. I then stop the Antivirus scanner, open ADUC, move the coworker's mailbox. Force Replication in AD Sites & Services. He logs off Windows and logs back in, opens Outlook...works fine. With me so far?

I go back into ADUC and see that my mailbox is showing located back on the old 5.5 store. I try to reopen Outlook and it says Exchange server halted. I goto 5.5 Exc Admin and it says my mailbox is located on 2000. I goto 2000 Exc Sys Mgr and it also says my mailbox is located there. But ADUC it still shows 5.5 store in the Column view. If I double-click my account and goto Exc Properties, it shows located on 2000 server! I try to move my mailbox from 2000 back to 5.5...nope. Try to move from 2000 back to itself....nope. The name resolved whenever I tried recreating Outlook profiles, but never could open the mailbox. People who tried sending me email, got it bounced back to them. Try all kinds of replication and hair pulling....

End up just having to delete my user account and recreate it. ANYONE ever have something like this?
Post #: 1
RE: Schizophrenic Active Directory - 10.Dec.2003 1:56:00 PM   
pjhutch

I had a case where we thought a user was migrated from 5.5 to 2000 but ended up with 2 accounts and it was random that mail would end in one or the other. We backed up the mail, deleted both accounts and started again. Now its fine. Wierd!

(in reply to sabasigh)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Schizophrenic Active Directory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter