• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

setup is unable to access the site replication service database

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> setup is unable to access the site replication service database Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
setup is unable to access the site replication service ... - 22.May2004 6:34:00 AM   
Zahid

A year ago I installed exchange 2000 and left the mode in mixed mode. I now want to upgrade to exchange 2003 . I no longer have an exchange 5.5 site. Firstly I cannot change the mode to native because its grayed. When I try to do an in-place upgrade of exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 , I get an error " Setup is unable to access the site service Database plase verify that the SRS service is started and you have administrative rights to the exchange 5.5 org, site and configuration conatiner for this server."
This server is no longer ther since I cannot connect using the exchange 5.5 administrator management console. My question is How can I proceed with in-place upgrade given the above hitch. Appreciate your answers.

Thanks & Regards

Zahid Anwar
Post #: 1
RE: setup is unable to access the site replication serv... - 10.Jul.2004 8:30:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

This should help you prepare the exchange organization for native mode (you don't need the 5.5 admin program if the 5.5 server has been removed from the ESM.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272314

(in reply to Zahid)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> setup is unable to access the site replication service database Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter