setup is unable to access the site replication service database (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration

Zahid -> setup is unable to access the site replication service database (22.May2004 6:34:00 AM)

A year ago I installed exchange 2000 and left the mode in mixed mode. I now want to upgrade to exchange 2003 . I no longer have an exchange 5.5 site. Firstly I cannot change the mode to native because its grayed. When I try to do an in-place upgrade of exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 , I get an error " Setup is unable to access the site service Database plase verify that the SRS service is started and you have administrative rights to the exchange 5.5 org, site and configuration conatiner for this server."
This server is no longer ther since I cannot connect using the exchange 5.5 administrator management console. My question is How can I proceed with in-place upgrade given the above hitch. Appreciate your answers.

Thanks & Regards

Zahid Anwar

rytmehans -> RE: setup is unable to access the site replication service database (10.Jul.2004 8:30:00 PM)

Hi,

This should help you prepare the exchange organization for native mode (you don't need the 5.5 admin program if the 5.5 server has been removed from the ESM.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272314

Page: [1]