• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unable to create intra-org. ADC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Unable to create intra-org. ADC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to create intra-org. ADC - 26.May2004 8:49:00 PM   
scott

Every time I try to set up my two way recipient connection agreement I get the same error:

Unable to create an intra-organizational Connection agreement using the specified Exchange 5.5 server. The Exchange 5.5 organization is different from the Exchange 2000 organization. Connection Agreements to different Exchange 5.5 organizations must be created as inter-organizational Connection Agreements. Select the inter-organizational Connection Agreement checkbox on the Advanced page before continuing.
ID no: c103aa39
Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management

This is while trying to upgrade my only Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000. There are no other Exchange servers and the entire network is on Windows 2000 servers, running active directories.
None of the documentation that I have found about this upgrade suggests using inter-organizational connection agreements. How can it say that it is different from the Exchange 2000 organization? I do not even have an Exchange 2000 server set up yet, this is going to be it if I ever get past this ADC.
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to create intra-org. ADC - 26.May2004 9:00:00 PM   
vitro06

Did someone attempt to run \forestprep and put in a new organization?

(in reply to scott)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to create intra-org. ADC - 26.May2004 9:06:00 PM   
scott

Yes as a matter of fact I did run Forest Prep at one point. I actually tried to create my ADC's as one way ADC's and then went ahead and ran everything. The install got screwed up and I ended up having to recover the entire server from backup. I see now where that could have screwed this up. So you think that I might have got a bad Orginazation name in on the first try. If that is the case how do I remove that wrong name from DC?

(in reply to scott)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to create intra-org. ADC - 26.May2004 9:54:00 PM   
vitro06

Scott,

Build a test environment and attempt a duplication of what you have already done. The /forestprep did you in and now the ADC setup thinks there is another org out there.

(in reply to scott)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to create intra-org. ADC - 27.May2004 12:16:00 AM   
scott

I do not have the computers to build a test environment. We are a small company, this whole thing is only less than 100 mail boxes.
So it appears that I ran the /forestprep switch using the wrong organization name.
What should I do now?
Can I figure out what that name was?
If I do figure out what name I used could I then change the Exchange 5.5 Organization name to that and try again?
Is there a way to undo this?
Should I just run the /forestprep sitch again and try to use the correct organization name?

(in reply to scott)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to create intra-org. ADC - 27.May2004 12:30:00 PM   
vitro06

Scott,

You do not have enough computers to build a test environment and you are a small company with less than 100 mailboxes. How many servers and what is the layout? All on one IP subnet? No WAN links or VPN links?

If you are really small and do not have resources for testing - one of two things...

Spend the $245 and call Microsoft PSS or use Exmerge to get all of the mailbox data into PST files, backup all of your user data, and rebuild your AD structure and next time make sure you have a plan in place before you start out!

Use the below search for "manually remove exchange" and watch for line wrap.

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-us&st=a&na=81&qu=&qp=manually+remove+exchange&qa=&qn=&c=10&s=0
R/Bill

[ May 27, 2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Bill Brown ]

(in reply to scott)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to create intra-org. ADC - 3.Jun.2004 7:56:00 PM   
scott

Thank you for that advice. I think I will try to manually remove it with the option of calling Microsoft.
I opened LDAP and found Configuration\Services\Microsoft Exchange\Organization Name\Administrative Groups\Your Administrative Group\Servers
it says that I should now delete it using the Extended, Synchronous and Recursive check boxes.
If I do this will my existing Exchang 5.5 server have any problems?
Or is this a seperate thing all together?
This is one of the lines from the LDAP:
CN=Servers,CN=Configuration,OU=EMAIL,O=xxxx yyyy
Corp
I think that my Exchange 5.5 server has the name xxxx yyyy Corp.
is it the period at the end that is causing this conflict?

(in reply to scott)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Unable to create intra-org. ADC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter