• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Move Mailbox migration, problem, I cannot find a solution...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Move Mailbox migration, problem, I cannot find a solution... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Move Mailbox migration, problem, I cannot find a soluti... - 11.Jun.2004 6:55:00 PM   
jbarsodi

Hello All,
I originally posted this in reply to another thread in the EX2k3 migration forum, but I am in need of a solution and I pounded my head on the wall trying to figure this out yesterday.

Here's my problem:
I have a Front-end Back-end cfg.

I removed my old frontend and replaced it fine. Mail has been working great.

I brought up the second Backend and began to move some test boxes across. Mailboxes on the new server receive external email and send emails to anyone fine.

Now Users on my old backend server CANNOT send email to users on my new backend server.

My NDR is as follows - comes from my Frontend server:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

To: "testuser" <testuser@domain.com>
Subject: test
Sent: 06/10/04 12:13 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
testuser@domain.com on 06/10/04 12:13 AM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<irv-fe>

With this text attachment:

?Reporting-MTA: dns; irv-fe

Final-Recipient: RFC822; testuser@domain.com
Action: failed
X-Supplementary-Info: irv-fe
X-Display-Name: testuser@domain.com

Any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Move Mailbox migration, problem, I cannot find a so... - 11.Jun.2004 8:41:00 PM   
jbarsodi

WOW, after killing myself for a day trying to debug a basic exchange configuration, I found my problem.

We run GFI Mail Essentials on our Frontend server. Our front end server was catching it based on the rule(under header checking) "Verify if sender domain is valid (Performs DNS lookup on MIME FROM:)

I unchecked it and mail flowed as normal!
I am currently on the phone with GFI tech support to see if they have a suggestion to get around this without disabling the check.

(in reply to jbarsodi)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Move Mailbox migration, problem, I cannot find a solution... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter