• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange Move Mailbox Issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Exchange Move Mailbox Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange Move Mailbox Issue - 9.Aug.2004 5:47:00 PM   
OZE

All,
This is an extremely perplexing issue. I added a new Exchange server to my organization 3 weeks ago. For some reason, about 2 weeks ago, a problem developed moving mailboxes either to or from this mail server (mailserver A). I have 4 other mail servers in the organization (1 forest and 1 domain 3 sites). I can move a mailbox to or from any other server except server A. I can create new mailboxes on server A. The only errors are either " mount the Information Store" (it is), or "check the Systme mailbox for Server A" (it is there and the security is correct). I have reapplied SP3 and all the post SP3 hot fixes to no avail. The AD System Attendent and SystemMailbox attributes are set just like the other 4 mailservers that are working correctly. There are no other errors on Server A at all. I am replacing an older mail server with a much faster and more capable machine.

Thanks,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange Move Mailbox Issue - 11.Aug.2004 12:30:00 PM   
kochhar_rahul

What is the specific error you are getting while moving the mailbox, can you paste the event from the application log of the server to this forum.. so that i can assit you with. Thanks

Rahul

(in reply to OZE)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange Move Mailbox Issue - 11.Aug.2004 6:57:00 PM   
OZE

OK, Here is a copy of the error:

Task Summary: Move Mailbox

Started: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:58:06 AM
Finished: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:58:22 AM

Results:

Error: Connecting to destination server.
CN=Mike E. Wessel,OU=Accounting,DC=edg,DC=net:
The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000

(in reply to OZE)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange Move Mailbox Issue - 14.Aug.2004 12:47:00 AM   
kochhar_rahul

Hello,

Would you be in a position to email me the application log from the system on my id.. kochharrahul@gmail.com

Thanks

(in reply to OZE)
Post #: 4
RE: Exchange Move Mailbox Issue - 31.Aug.2004 3:41:00 PM   
OZE

All,
I have some more information. After contacting Dell Gold Technical Support, I found that for some reason, the security permissions on the System Attendant mailbox are messed up (not the SystemMailbox). Unfortunately, I do not know how to access this mailbox except through OWA or the Exchange virtual drive. Does anyone know how to set the security on this mailbox? It is not visible through AD U&C and it cannot be resolved through Outlook 2000 or 2003.

Thanks,

Mike

(in reply to OZE)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Exchange Move Mailbox Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter