• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migrating existing 2k server to another existing 2k server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrating existing 2k server to another existing 2k server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migrating existing 2k server to another existing 2k server - 1.Sep.2004 6:17:00 PM   
aschaef

I have come into a bad situation which I'm trying to resolve and have a few questions. Currently there is a sony vaio desktop (reason why previous IT guys got fired) running the exchange 2k server for the company. The IBM server which they had used to run the exchange server up till May, so it has all the user accouns on that as well with their old emails. If I use Exchange Mail Migration Wizard will that overwrite all of the old mailboxes and lose the data, or will it just add it to the existing data? Thanks,

Andrew
Post #: 1
RE: Migrating existing 2k server to another existing 2k... - 4.Sep.2004 7:29:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Exchange Mail Migration Wizard is used for migrating mailboxes between exchange organizations.

If your 2 exchange servers are located in the same exchange organization you should be able to move the mailboxes. Otherwise you can use exmerge to export and import the mailboxes, when using exmerge you will get the option to merge mailbox contents.

(in reply to aschaef)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Migrating existing 2k server to another existing 2k server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter