• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

upgrading ex 5.5 to ex 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> upgrading ex 5.5 to ex 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
upgrading ex 5.5 to ex 2003 - 10.Sep.2004 6:55:00 PM   
guruprasad

Hi group,

I have migrated from nt 4.0 to 2003. I have an exchange 5.5 which i want to migrate to 2003 transparently. I installed windows 2003 then ex2003 on my new hardware,followed the steps using ADC and so on... I just migrated one mailbox from 5.5 to 2003 to test if my new server is working. I stopped the services on my 5.5 and tried send and receive on the new server but it doesnt work. The same is working when my 5.5 services started. I found that my server is not communicating to the internet. i have given a valid ip and have an MX record in my DNS Zone.
What configuration settings should i enable to make it talk to the internet.

I would be glad if you help me with the configuration and how to proceed with the exchange server 2003.

Thanks
guruprasad
Post #: 1
RE: upgrading ex 5.5 to ex 2003 - 11.Sep.2004 5:55:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

The exchange 2003 server is probably trying to use the Internet Mail Connector in exchange 5.5 to send emails to the internet.

Try to create a SMTP connector and the exchange 2003 server and see if emails are flowing.

(in reply to guruprasad)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> upgrading ex 5.5 to ex 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter