Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration

axlr8fullrpm -> Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (5.Dec.2004 7:19:00 AM)

I completed transferring mailboxes to the new server but there is one stalled mailbox which has a red X-mark on it, I tried to purge the mailbox but it says that the mailbox is connected to user. What is causing this problem, i want to completely uninstall the old server. please help! thanks!

rytmehans -> RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (5.Dec.2004 11:08:00 PM)

Hi,

Have you tried this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279220 to make sure that no other mail enabled users exist on the server?

axlr8fullrpm -> RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (6.Dec.2004 3:33:00 PM)

i tried to use the ldp.exe utility but it doesnt show any mail enabled user. And unfortunately i accidentally deleted the Mailbox Store. What should I do?

rytmehans -> RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (6.Dec.2004 11:00:00 PM)

Hi,

What is the exact error message you get when trying to uninstall the exchange services?

In active directory users and computers you should also be able to search for users with mailboxes homed on the server, but it should be possible to uninstall the server while the SA, SMTP and systemmailbox still resides in a store.

axlr8fullrpm -> RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (7.Dec.2004 3:22:00 PM)

The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: one or more users currently use a mailbox store on the server.

My problem now is i accidentally deleted the mailbox store, are the individual mailboxes get deleted once you delete the mailbox store?

axlr8fullrpm -> RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (7.Dec.2004 3:25:00 PM)

Can i just disjoin the old server from domain and reformat it? if yes, how am i going to remove the orphaned objects left by the old server on the active directory?

rytmehans -> RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (8.Dec.2004 11:05:00 PM)

Hi,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278918 explains how to remove the server from AD

ppeedu -> RE: Unable to Uninstall Exchange from the Old Server (22.Dec.2004 10:24:00 AM)

Hi.

1. Use ADSI edit, expand the configuration container.
2. Drill down to the Mailbox store of the server you want to remove.

Configuration / services / Microsoft Exchange / etc..

3. Take properties of the mailbox store, then check the attribute homeMDBBL

Here you have the list of all mailboxes located on this mailbox store.

Dont worry about the following mailboxes.

Microsoft System Attendant
SMTP
SystemMailbox

Any other mailbox you have here move that mailbox to a diffrent server or remove the Exchange attributes on that user object.

Thanks

Peter

Page: [1]