• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

5.5 to 2000 migration outlook logon prompt

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> 5.5 to 2000 migration outlook logon prompt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5.5 to 2000 migration outlook logon prompt - 28.Apr.2005 10:09:00 PM   
ryan_coates

I have a very annoying issue. I have successfully installed a second exchange server into an existing exchange 5.5 domain. The new server is Ex2000. I have also successfully moved over 200 users from the old server to the new server. I have two users that do not seem to work correctly however. When I move these two users to the 2000 server their outlook (2000) prompts them for a username, password, and domain when they try to get in. No matter what the enter for the username/pass/domain they get rejected. I have tried removing the mailboxes and all exchange attributes and recreating them. I have completely deleted the user account and reset it up. I have even tried deleting the profile on the workstation and starting with a new one. None of this makes any difference. If the mailbox is on the 5.5 server everything works fine. If the mailbox is on the 2000 server it does not work. From one of the users workstations I was able to log-in as a different user and get into the different user's e-mail.
Post #: 1
RE: 5.5 to 2000 migration outlook logon prompt - 5.May2005 8:31:00 PM   
ryan_coates

I have additional information regarding this issue. It appears that it is entirely permissions related. Since the last post I have completely removed the exchange 5.5 server. The users that are still experiencing the issue can get into their mailboxes just fine if I make them a member of the domain admins group. Since this is obviously security related I will search those message boards to see if there is any pertinent information. I would still love an answer though!

(in reply to ryan_coates)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> 5.5 to 2000 migration outlook logon prompt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter