• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

have to login after mailbox move to new e2k server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> have to login after mailbox move to new e2k server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
have to login after mailbox move to new e2k server - 20.May2005 8:54:00 AM   
petern

I have installed a new e2k server in the same domain as the old e2k server. When I move a users mailbox to the new e2k server she have to logon to outlook. My old e2k server is also the dc.
Our user DONT log in to the domain when they login to their workstation and the workstation is NOT a member of the domain.
I have tried to make a local user with the same name and password as the domain user on the new server and then it works alright, but I dont want hundreds of local users on my new server.
So I think outlook tries to login to the new server instead of the domain after the mailbox is moved.
Anyone know how to solve this?
Post #: 1
RE: have to login after mailbox move to new e2k server - 21.May2005 3:50:00 AM   
petern

I promoted my new server to dc. DidnŠt want that but it works so...

(in reply to petern)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> have to login after mailbox move to new e2k server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter