• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Downtime for Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Downtime for Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downtime for Exchange - 31.Aug.2005 6:38:00 AM   
tharg

I'm planning to move an NT domain to Active Directory and then move Exchange to 2003 using the standard deployment method.

My question concerns downtime (this is a 24hr environment) once the domain is upgraded to Active Directory, will Exchange 5.5 still function correctly?
Post #: 1
RE: Downtime for Exchange - 31.Aug.2005 7:25:00 AM   
bej

Yes just make sure you install the Active Directory Connector to synchronize the Exchange 5.5 directory and Active Directory.
Download this toolkit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=38F816A4-FB6A-4CDB-991C-2D8FF73B5CE5&displaylang=en

and look for the document "Upgrading Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003 Using the Standard Deployment Method.doc". This will take you through the setup step-by-step.

(in reply to tharg)
Post #: 2
RE: Downtime for Exchange - 31.Aug.2005 7:55:00 AM   
tharg

Thanks Bengt [Smile]

What downtime can I expect for Exchange? A few minutes I'd imagine?

(in reply to tharg)
Post #: 3
RE: Downtime for Exchange - 31.Aug.2005 8:36:00 AM   
bej

The only downtime youŠll experience is when you actually move the mailbox from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Depending on the size of the mailbox it shouldnŠt take more than minutes fśr each mailbox.

(in reply to tharg)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Migration >> Downtime for Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter