No e-mail option inActive Dir (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

Guest -> No e-mail option inActive Dir (11.Aug.2003 11:03:00 PM)

Please forgive me if I ask a stupid question, but I'm new to Exchange.

A fresh install on 2003 Server in a 2003 domain. The install went ok and I can open Active Directory from the Exchange server, but there is no tab for exchange e-mail.

What have I missed? (I don't see anthing in the event log that look suspicious)

Cheers,
Chris

mfugatt -> RE: No e-mail option inActive Dir (11.Aug.2003 11:17:00 PM)

Have you created a mailbox for the account that you open in Active Directory Users and Computers?

Did you install the Exchange System Manager when you installed Exchange 2003?

Guest -> RE: No e-mail option inActive Dir (11.Aug.2003 11:29:00 PM)

When I create a new user I do not get an option to create a mailbox, (only the e-mail address field in the general tab)

I believe management tools are installed

I did notive that the default POP3 protocol is stopped, I tried to start the protocol, but received an error that it did not respond in a timely manner and to look in the event viewer, but there is nothing regarding the eror in the event viewer

Cheers,
Chris

Guest -> RE: No e-mail option inActive Dir (11.Aug.2003 11:48:00 PM)

I have also found the server passes all test in DCDiag with the exception of: "TrkWks Service" It says this service is stopped. I looked in "services" and see no instance of TrkWks Service.

Cheers,
Chris

Guest -> RE: No e-mail option inActive Dir (12.Aug.2003 12:55:00 AM)

Hi Mark, thanks for the help, I think I got it figured out, found some info on another post.

The POP3 service must be activated from the services console separately, then started from exchange.

Cheers,
Chris

Page: [1]