Remove Exchange 2003 Beta from Active Directory (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation

hussein -> Remove Exchange 2003 Beta from Active Directory (10.Sep.2003 5:09:00 PM)

I need help!

In May, I installed the Beta version of Exchange 2003 on a test server. During the summer, the hard disk crashed and I didn't had a backup. It's not important because, it was a test server.

Now, I just bought the retail version of Exchange 2003. I try to install it but it tells me that the first server will be the primary server and the one I want to install will be the second. But the first isn't there anymore.

So I installed the System Manager of Exchange and I tried to delete the first server. But the system tells me that the first server cannot be contacted, so he can't be removed!

I also tried to do again the forest and domain preperation, but still gives me nothing good.

Does anyone knows how to clean the Exchange Server from the Active Directory? Or does anybody can give me some ways to start to resolve my problem?

Thank you very much to take time helping me.

Hussein
Montreal, Canada
hussein@inforoutefpt.org

[ September 10, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Tonkaboy ]

sniper -> RE: Remove Exchange 2003 Beta from Active Directory (11.Sep.2003 6:21:00 AM)

TB,

Try to get a hold of killorg it will purge the Schema and enable you to do a fresh forestprep and reinstall. The other option is to go into ADSI edit and go under the config, service, Exchange and delete the org. Let that replicate and re-forestprep

Page: [1]