• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

messed it up

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> messed it up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
messed it up - 19.Sep.2003 2:51:00 PM   
leifiplomeros

Hi there all,

I really need help now.The thing is I accidently toasted my Exchange 2003 server.....phuuu!I wonder if I do a reinstall do I have to do Foresprep and Domainprep all over ( yeah laugh away.....it's my treat)? When you finished laughing could u please tell me what to do?Would appreciate it !

: )

Leif
Post #: 1
RE: messed it up - 30.Sep.2003 8:13:00 PM   
space

ITs my understanding that domainprep and forestprep modify things in active directory, which is all kept on the domain controller.
You should be able to run setup /disasterrecovery and then setup winn know to use the settings already in active directory...

(in reply to leifiplomeros)
Post #: 2
RE: messed it up - 1.Oct.2003 12:34:00 AM   
leifiplomeros

Hi dude,

Thanks for responding! I found out "the hard way" that backups are after all....a good thing which could've helped me out to run setup /disasterrecovery,but I did'nt have any backup so I ended up reinstalling both my DC:s and mail server....phuuu (what dumb SOB said backup are for pussies,not me *lol* )
Anyway,thanks again dude !

Best Regards

Leif

quote:
Originally posted by space:
ITs my understanding that domainprep and forestprep modify things in active directory, which is all kept on the domain controller.
You should be able to run setup /disasterrecovery and then setup winn know to use the settings already in active directory...

Post #: 3
RE: messed it up - 2.Oct.2003 8:09:00 PM   
spiget

What did you do to fry the exchange box?

Post #: 4
RE: messed it up - 3.Oct.2003 4:29:00 PM   
leifiplomeros

Hi dude,

Well,since you asked I'll try my best to explain!
I heard there was a way to improve Exchange 2003 by merging sqirrel mail (that's Linux and Unix stuff)into the priv.edb datbase.You better beleive I tried but there was no way to get it working so IOW I was up shitcreek and without a paddle....in so many words.Hope tjis made things clearer.

Best Regards

Leif

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Caviglia:
What did you do to fry the exchange box?

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Installation >> messed it up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter